Wednesday, September 3, 2014

【Basic Computer】03092014 - Magazine Cover Design

Reference:
This image is the reference i used when i am trying to make a magazine cover. I choose this magazine cover as my reference because it is challenging. I can learn typographical arrangement and the words are typed according to the layout. It looks neat and attractive.

The artboard is divided into 5*4 boxes. Then the burger image is put in the middle.
The logo is done. 
Words on the bottom are typed.
Words on the left-hand side are typed.
Words on the right-hand side are typed.
The words on the upper right corner are also been typed.

End Results:


These are what I made according to the reference I used. It is not exactly the same and I have modified some parts. For example, the magazine logo. The words of original logo is made of Gothic font style but the new one is made of script font style. Besides, the font I used is also not as square as the original one. Hence, I can concluded that different font style can give different impression to people. Last but not least, I also tried out a version with gradient. Red-yellow gradient can trigger our appetite so that it is more suitable for food magazine.






No comments:

Post a Comment